In urban, rural, and remote communities across Canada, people see pharmacy teams making a difference. With unmatched convenience and accessibility on the frontlines, pharmacies are community health hubs, delivering value through their expertise and trusted care.
Every year in March, patients, government, healthcare providers and stakeholders focus on the incredible dedication and impact of pharmacy teams. We express our heartfelt thanks for pharmacy’s unwavering commitment, always stepping up throughout this challenging pandemic by keeping their doors open as an essential service, providing continuity of care for patients, and protecting the medication supply – all while educating, testing, and vaccinating Canadians .
Did you know that pharmacy teams in Canada administered over 5 million flu shots in the 2021-2022 influenza season and over 17 million COVID vaccines to date?
Join us for Pharmacy Appreciation Month (#PAM2022) as we recognize, celebrate, and express our genuine gratitude for the dedication of pharmacy keeping us safe and healthy.
To make some noise as we call attention to pharmacy’s hard work, we developed a special #PAM2022 Toolkit with unique, diverse options to ensure you join us in the celebration!
PAM 2022 Toolkit: What Can You Do?
Neighbourhood Pharmacies personally invites you to join our efforts to celebrate pharmacy’s role in delivering high-quality patient care across the country.
As background, here are some Pharmacy Fast Facts highlighting the sector’s critical role:
Knowing how Canada’s over 11,000 pharmacies have stepped up on the frontlines of COVID, staying open since the very outset of this pandemic, we welcome you to take a moment to:
- Follow @pharmacy_CAN on Twitter. Be prepared to engage in the social media conversation as we kick off PAM and commend pharmacy for their courageous efforts, using the hashtags #PAM2022 and #ThankYouPharmacy.
- Join our community on LinkedIn by following the Neighbourhood Pharmacy Association of Canada.
These two simple actions will ensure you can readily engage in all our online activities!
Get involved! We encourage you to:
- Spread the love! Communicate to your local pharmacy team how much you appreciate their service and dedication all year round. You’ll be sure to surprise and delight them with this personal recognition.
- Keep visiting! Continue to rely on pharmacy as the ‘go-to’ when it comes to navigating your health, wellness, COVID testing, vaccinations, and so much more. They’re happy to help!
- Post photos and messages! The Neighbourhood Pharmacies community is especially proud of our own pharmacy teams. For our members and partners, consider posting a photo of your pharmacy team in action, or sharing a message of support on social, highlighting #PAM2022 and saying #ThankYouPharmacy.
- Join us virtually! On March 10, 2022, at 1:00 pm, join our PAM Advocacy in Action Livestream. You can attend the live session when you follow Neighbourhood Pharmacies on LinkedIn. Stay tuned for future updates.
- Watch us! Enjoy Neighbourhood Pharmacies’ THANK YOU PHARMACY video, showcasing pharmacy’s dedication on the frontlines of public health and primary care.
- Read our magazine…and subscribe! The Neighbourhood Pharmacy Gazette’s most recent issue, Scaling Heights, includes stories and articles featuring pharmacy’s progress, leadership, and contributions. If you like what you read (we think you will!), subscribe to our always-free digital magazine focused on insights, advocacy and healthier Canadians.
- Share your stories! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your pharmacy-related stories with us, and we’ll work to amplify the message using our multimodal strategic communications channels.
- Go local! Check out what the PPAs (provincial pharmacists associations) have planned in different jurisdictions across the country to learn about additional PAM initiatives.
PAM Social Media Posts
We developed a set of social posts to promote #PAM2022, and we invite you to tag us when you do:
- Pharmacies are playing a critical role throughout the pandemic. More than 17 million vaccines have been administered in pharmacies. This #PAM2022, let's give thanks to pharmacies for their dedication and commitment to keep our communities safe.
- Did you now that 95% of Canadians live within 5KM of a community #pharmacy? Despite the enormous challenges brought about by the pandemic, community pharmacies have remained dedicated to patient care. #PAM2022 #ThankYouPharmacy
- Almost 80% of Canadians turn to their community #pharmacy team for trusted professional healthcare advice. This #PAM2022, lets take a moment to show our appreciation for community pharmacies across the country! #ThankYouPharmacy
- Did you know over 17 million COVID vaccines in Canada have been administered in pharmacy? Pharmacies stand ready to work alongside health system partners to ensure all Canadians have the vaccines they need. Visit oneinfour.ca for more info. #PAM2022 #ThankYouPharmacy
- Leverage community pharmacy's proven expertise in COVID testing to other point-of-care tests to expand our capacity to detect, monitor and manage disease across the country. #PAM #ThankYouPharmacy
Social Media Images for LinkedIn & Twitter
We keep working on our #PAM2022 resources, so please
check in with us here.